Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 - New Beginnings, New Hopes, New Dreams


Week 1 of the new school term ended brilliantly, albeit the strong anxiety a few days before the school re-opened on Wednesday, 4 January 2012. After weeks of long school holidays, starting the teaching and learning on the first week of school was like the first time walking into the classroom as a newbie. Butterflies were omnipresent in my belly - flying fast and nervously. Nevertheless, my apprehension was all in the past as I felt more confident to face more adventurous journey as a teacher in 2012. 

I considered this first week as my lucky week (murah rezeki) as I received some gifts from my students.  I received a box of Ferrero Rocher (30 pieces) from Alia Abdullah and her parents. Khairul Hafizi gave me a Harrods' plastic bag full of small sweet mangos. By the way, the mangos aren't from Harrods. Both Alia and Hafizi were my former students in 3 Istiqamah 2011. Thank you for the delectable gifts. I would also like to extend my gratitude towards my roommate, Pn. N.J. for treating me to KFC yesterday. May Allah bless you with abundant wealth and happiness.

This year, I am responsible to teach English to 4 classes - 3 Imtiaz, 3 Istiqamah, 3 Ijtihad and 1 Imtiaz. So, I'll have 24 periods per week this year. So far, the students' attitude seem promising :)

I don't believe in making new year's resolutions each year. I'll make resolutions whenever I feel that I need to make changes in my life to better myself and the people who are linked to my life's decision. 

I hope I'm not too late to wish -- Happy New Year 2012! I hope 2012 will be a better year for everybody.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
;