What's a doppelgänger?
- Doppelgänger pronunciation
- A German word which is used in English.
- doppel – double (look alike)
- ganger – goer (move from one place to another)
- A doppelgänger is a ghostly double of a living person.
- A doppelgänger can be seen by its “owner”.
- It comes to its "owner" to give messages about danger or to offer advice.
According to popular belief, meeting a doppelgänger brings bad luck, leads to a serious problem or even death! Watch this video:
A doppelganger can sometimes be seen by somebody who is close to that person, if it has an important message.
The story of John Donne & Anne Moore
- John Donne is a poet, a lawyer and a priest.
- His wife, Anne Moore was pregnant.
- One day, John went to Paris leaving his pregnant wife in England.
- While in Paris, Anne’s doppelganger appeared in front of John.
- The doppelganger of his wife was holding a newborn baby.
- The doppelganger looked sad.
- At the same time that the doppelganger appeared (in Paris), his wife had given birth to a stillborn child (in England).
- Anne’s doppelganger was trying to tell John that she had delivered their baby but the baby was dead at birth.
What would you do, how would you feel, if some dark night you met yourself, face to face?
- PowerPoint presentation prepared by Pn Santhy A/P Subramaniam, http://teachernuha.blogspot.com/2011/12/novel-how-i-met-myself-teaching.html