Saturday, October 6, 2012

Enquiries on PMR


From: *** <***@gmail.com>
To: nuhazyun@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:22 PM
Subject: English enquiry

Dear Teacher Nuha,

I am one of you blog readers. The reason I am sending this email is to request for some guidelines in English for secondary school.
  1. I would like to know the exact and latest format of report writing and article for PMR students (include the initial)
  2. I would like to know whether the date for both formal and informal letter have to be capitalized for the month. (eg: October/ OCTOBER)
  3. Can students use contractions in essay writing ( eg: don't, let's, I'm)
  4. For the literature component, I would like to find out about the textual evidence because I've read that textual evidence is needed in order to get better scores. So, does the textual evidence refers to the quotation of words from the novel? I am a bit unsure about what to provide for the textual evidence. 
  5. Finally, there will be no more PMR for this year F1 students as well as the following students.So, what would be the exam format/ syllabus for the upcoming F1 students.
That's all for now. Thank you very much, teacher.
Best Regards,
***~

My reply:

Dear ***,

Thanks for reading my blog. Sorry for the late reply. The answer to your questions:

Q1: I would like to know the exact and latest format of report writing and article for PMR students (include the initial)
Answer: 
You may start a report with the title, if you are writing the report without the request of your teacher.

Q2: I would like to know whether the date for both formal and informal letter have to be capitalized for the month. (eg: October/ OCTOBER)
Answer: Based on my reference in some books, it does not matter whether the month is capitalized or not.

Q3: Can students use contractions in essay writing ( eg: don't, let's, I'm)
Answer: For exams, you can only use contractions in informal letters and dialogues. 

Q4: For the literature component, I would like to find out about the textual evidence because I've read that textual evidence is needed in order to get better scores. So, does the textual evidence refers to the quotation of words from the novel? I am a bit unsure about what to provide for the textual evidence. 
Answer: Depending on the question, textual evidences are settings, events, dialogues, etc in a novel which can support your answer. Refer to this link to get some ideas: http://teachernuha.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-i-met-myself-sample-questions.html

Q5: Finally, there will be no more PMR for this year F1 students as well as the following students.So, what would be the exam format/ syllabus for the upcoming F1 students.
Answer: There will be no exams. Exams are replaced with PBS (Pentaksiran Berasaskan Sekolah)


Teacher Nuha.

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

ASSALAMUALAIKUM.
DEAR TEACHER NUHA, THANX A LOT FOR CREATING THIS WONDERFUL BLOG. I'M ALSO AN ENGLISH TEACHER AND I THINK THIS IS VERY BENEFICIAL, INTERESTING AND MEANINGFUL FOR TEACHERS, STUDENTS AND PARENTS.MAY ALLAH REWARD U FOR ALL YOUR GOOD DEEDS. I'VE DOWNLOADED MANY USEFUL MATERIALS FROM YOUR BLOG AND I HOPE THERE 'LL LOTS MORE TO COME ESP FOR THE NEW NOVEL, THE RAILWAY CHILDREN AND PBS. HOW I WISH I COULD BE LIKE YOU... THANK YOU...THANK YOU...

Post a Comment

 
;